Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
The Ocean Reef Resort in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, has been hosting families for Thanksgiving getaways for generations. Now, the latest generations are also celebrating the following day, aka Black Friday, with a long weekend filled with family fun and holiday shopping.
Guests can enjoy a Thanksgiving feast at one of the local restaurants before retiring to the comfort of their oceanfront room for a good night's sleep. Then you can watch the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean before hitting all the Black Friday sales at local shopping centers, malls and other retail outlets.
The Ocean Reef Resort is only about 5 miles away from some of the most popular retail hot spots in town — Broadway at the Beach and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk — but many of our guests love to spend Black Friday at The Market Common, an upscale shopping district on the south end of Myrtle Beach.
Featuring all the major national chains and several local mom-and-pop operations within a six-block area, The Market Common also has plenty of places to relax and refuel for your Black Friday experience. These refreshment stops will ensure you don't drop while you shop:
* Breakfast: The most important meal of the day is particularly vital on Black Friday. Stop by The Roasted Bean or Peace, Love & Little Donuts for a hot cup of joe and some sweet, tiny treats, or enjoy a sit-down breakfast at Crepe Creation Cafe, a French cafe that wraps delicious dishes inside fresh crepes.
* Dinner/Lunch: The Market Common features nearly a dozen restaurants where you can sit down and relax over lunch and dinner. Those in the mood for international cuisine can choose between Co Sushi (Japanese), P.F. Chang's (Chinese), Nacho Hippo (Mexican) and Travinia (Italian), while folks who prefer good old American favorites can visit King Street Grille or Tupelo Honey Cafe for some classic Southern cooking.
* Drinks: There's no better way to cap a hectic day of shopping than by relaxing over a cold beer or mixed drink. For beer lovers, The Brass Tap and Gordon Biersch are nice little pubs for enjoying microbrews and other rare beers. Nacho Hippo offers $3 margaritas all day, every day, and King Street Grille provides a perfect place for drinks and watching sports.
* Entertainment: Taking a time-out for entertainment during your Black Friday shopping trip is a nice way to break up the day. Catch a movie at the Grand 14 Cinema, or go for a walk or bike ride (Pedego rents electric bicycles by the hour) on the trails in Grand Park, where there are playgrounds for kids and ducks to feed in the nearby pond.
* Sweets and Treats: All that holiday shopping can really create a sweet tooth, and The Market Common has lots of options for satisfying it. Cold Stone Creamery offers frozen yogurts and other tasty treats, and The Roasted Bean and Peace, Love & Little Donuts also serve fresh-baked goodies to go.
* Spa: Treat your aching feet and body to some tender loving care at Dolce Lusso, a full-service spa that offers massage treatments, facials, manicures, pedicures and more. The Market Common Nail Spa also offers a wide range of salon services to help you unwind after a long day of shopping.
After a tiring day of pounding the pavement for bargains, it’s time to return to your Thanksgiving weekend home at Ocean Reef Resort and decompress in the heated pools and hot tubs, or enjoy dinner and drinks on the resort property. It’s a great way to spend two of the top holidays in Myrtle Beach.