Top 10 Places to Shop on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
You can literally shop until you drop on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. Featuring 1.2 miles of wooden walkway that stretches along the downtown district’s beachfront, the Boardwalk also leads visitors to plethora of retail outlets, from national chain stores to local mom-and-pop shops.
Few shopping trips feature such scenery, with the Atlantic Ocean and white-sand beaches to the east and rows of shops, restaurants and attractions to the west of the walkway. There are free concerts, fireworks shows and festival held regularly along the Boardwalk, perfect excuses to sneak in some shopping during your visit. Here are 10 places you should add to your shopping list:
* Boardwalk Beachwear: Yes, Myrtle Beach seems to have a beachwear store on every block, but none as close to the coast where you actually need the beach goodies. Just steps away from the beach, you can pick up a pair of flip-flops or sunglasses or grab the kids some toys or sunscreen without losing any tanning time.
* Gay Dolphin Gift Cove: This shrine has been the ultimate souvenir shop in the downtown district for more than 70 years and generations of families have made it a must-stop. Featuring three stories of stuff, from seashells to swimsuits, you can find just about anything if you dig around the Gay Dolphin long enough.
* I Love Sugar: The name says it all at this sweet spot, which looks like a scene out of "Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory" It's wall to wall candy in this 6,000-square-foot sugar facility, the perfect place to get your sweet tooth fix.
* LandShark Surf Shack: Located at the base of the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, this cargo hold is filled with all things Jimmy Buffett. Named after the singer/songwriter's own beer brand, LandShark Surf Shack has a wide range of Caribbean-themed items.
* Red Hot Shoppe: Add some spice to your life and your meals with a little something spicy from this store. Featuring a wide range of hot sauces from mild to mouth-melting, this place packs some serious heat.
* Second Avenue Pier Tackle Shop: There's a lot more than bait and tackle at this fishing-themed store. Pick up T-shirts, snacks and all kinds of fishing tips at this hangout for anglers. If you are looking to wet a line, this place can set you up with rod, reel, bait, knowledge and everything you need to hook a big one.
* Splish N Splash Airbrush: Personalize your souvenir T-shirt and add some wild colors with colorful sayings at this T-shirt shack. Custom airbrush artists are always on hand to help. Buy in bulk and save money on souvenir shirts to take home as gifts to loved ones.
* Tsunami Surf Shop: Surfers and surfer wannabes can get all of their beachwear needs at this spot. Located just steps from the beach, Tsunami are the place to grab a boogie board or a Frisbee and put them into immediate use. From swimwear to surf boards, you can find it at Tsunami.
* Wacky T's: Let your T-shirt express what you are thinking at this shop, which has a huge selection of sizes and funny sayings. This is a great place to pick up personalized gifts for folks back home, and a great way to break the ice with strangers.
* University of Rock-N-Roll: Find T-shirts, beach towels and all kinds of accessories that reflect your rock-n-roll attitude. Featuring items bearing the likeness of rock legends like Jerry Garcia, Bob Marley, Elvis Presley and more, you can wear your musical preferences on your chest for the world to see. It’s a great way to encounter total strangers with the same musical tastes.