Who this Job Will Job Appeal To
An experienced maintenance worker who likes managing a team to achieve results, has an eye for detail and the drive to create that special "wow" factor on the property to enhance the guest experience and ensure they remain loyal to our resort.
Who You Will Be Working With
This position reports directly to the Chief Engineer. They are responsible for directing the team of maintenance technicians and groundskeepers working on the property, as well as, to ensure their employees are following the resort's philosophy of pristine maintenance and upkeep of all grounds, pools, and guest room conditions. The Assistant Chief Engineer will be working with all other departments on the progress of projects and preventative maintenance throughout the resort to ensure all necessary information is communicated to our guests.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direct supervision of maintenance team; can be up to 25 employees.
- Effectively communicating with other departments to fulfill guests needs
- Management of all ongoing maintenance projects, including preventative maintenance, safety audits of amenities and equipment, etc...
- Plan and execute major capital improvement projects and renovations
- Oversee any contractors and vendors.
- Working with homeowners as they are key to our success
- Scheduling staff and maintaining inventories
As a AAA, Four-Diamond rated property, we are seeking the best of the best for this position. Some hospitality experience is required and we need an individual with experience leading a team. Since this position supervises a skilled and knowledgeable team, our candidate should be fully competent in all major aspects of building repair and maintenance; HVAC and CPO licenses are a plus. Strong management skills and work ethic are a must.
- Medical, Life and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- 401 (K)
Ocean Reef is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.