As Instagram aficionados know, no vacation is complete until the destination of choice’s hottest spots have been visited, photographed and documented on the photo-driven social network. And on the Grand Strand, there’s definitely no shortage of opportunities to snap some great pics in places that are so iconic and/or beautiful that no caption or filter is required.
During your next Myrtle Beach visit, plan an oceanfront stay at Ocean Reef Resort, then head out to take (and post) some selfies in these six signature Grand Strand locales:
- Myrtle Beach Boardwalk: Running along the coastline in the heart of Downtown Myrtle Beach, this picturesque, 1.2-mile wooden walkway extends from Pier 14 at 14th Avenue North all the way south to 1st Avenue North, just below the 2nd Avenue Pier. Picture-perfect views of the Atlantic Ocean abound along the way. Explore all of the Boardwalk’s offerings at myrtlebeachdowntown.com.
- Myrtle Beach SkyWheel: This iconic, 187-foot-tall Ferris wheel dominates the downtown skyline, not to mention the Instagram pages of vacationing visitors. Hop on one of the SkyWheel’s 42 glass-enclosed, climate-controlled gondolas to get a bird’s-eye view of the Boardwalk, the coastline, the ocean and downtown Myrtle Beach — and to snap some amazing photos. Learn more at skywheelmb.com.
- Broadway at the Beach: This shopping/dining/entertainment hot spot in Myrtle Beach offers over 20 restaurants and 100-plus specialty retail shops and other attractions, all set around the 23-acre Lake Broadway. Backdrops for unique photos abound — including the upside-down building that houses WonderWorks, the giant neon guitar that welcomes visitors to the Hard Rock Cafe and the skyscraper-scaling King Kong atop the Hollywood Wax Museum. Explore the full lineup of stores and restaurants at broadwayatthebeach.com.
- Myrtle Beach Mural: Decorating the side of breakfast/lunch hot spot Lulu’s Café on North Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach, this brightly colored painting measures more than 60 feet in width and features a giant sun, a wave-riding surfer, a fun beach scene, a diving dolphin and more. Easily recognized by locals and visitors alike as uniquely Myrtle Beach, it’s also a great background for Grand Strand photos.
- Brookgreen Gardens: Found about 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach in Murrells Inlet, this 9,100-acre sculpture garden and wildlife preserve offers a collection of lush and expansive botanical gardens, each with its own distinct theme. The grounds, featuring 2,000-plus artworks by more than 400 artists, also showcase the nation’s most comprehensive collection of American figurative sculpture. If all that weren’t enough to support some great photo-taking opportunities, other on-site attractions include nature trails, a butterfly garden, historic rice plantations and the Lowcountry Zoo. To learn more, visit www.brookgreen.org.
- Tin Roof: Found just steps from the Atlantic Ocean at THEBlvd dining/entertainment complex on Myrtle Beach’s North Ocean Boulevard, this “live music joint” is situated in quite the sweet spot for great photo backgrounds. And the venue’s open-air patio, which sits on a lofty third-floor perch between Tin Roof’s live-music room and DJ-hosting Green Room, provides ocean breezes, great views of the Atlantic and the perfect spot for shooting the sunset over Myrtle Beach. Visit tinroofmyrtlebeach.com to learn more.
After capturing all the best shots for your next Instagram post(s), head back to your comfortable oceanfront accommodations at Ocean Reef Resort to relax — and enjoy some of the property’s fun on-site amenities. Book your Grand Strand getaway at Ocean Reef Resort today — and start making your plans to visit (and even photograph) all the best spots the Carolina coast has to offer.