Are birthdays becoming a redundancy for you?
Never fear! You need a little Myrtle Beach in your plans. Getting to the coast is a great way to shake up your birthday this year.
But first, here are some fun facts about birthdays you might not have known.
The Best Way to Plan Your Myrtle Beach Birthday
You can have a blast in many ways on the Grand Strand for your birthday. This little plan is tough to top.
1. START OFF WITH A GREAT STAY AT OCEAN REEF RESORT
Have a wonderful time in a clean, relaxing suite on the beach.
3 things to love at Ocean Reef
- The balcony. Have a cup of coffee to start your day, or a cold beverage to end it (or both!) It’s one of many awesome amenities.
- So many pools. The water attractions are a treat. Relax on the lazy river. Chill out on the outdoor pool deck, and let the kids have a blast at the on-site Shipwreck Water Park.
- Other on-site fun
Play giant chess or checkers. Challenge the birthday person to shuffleboard or a volleyball match. Or start your next year on the planet in the fitness room.
TRY THIS: Begin your birthday with breakfast on the oceanfront at Cafe du Port. Treat yourself to something tasty at the Banana Boat Lounge later. Both are right here at Ocean Reef Resort.
2. SHOP AT BROADWAY AT THE BEACH
The kids will love it! It’s a fantastic place for fun and entertainment.
3 things to love at Broadway at the Beach
- Build-A-Bear Workshop. Especially if you have little ones. But kids of all ages can enjoy the experience of Build-A-Bear!
- Splash Fresh Bath & Body. Treat yourself with bath bombs, body lotions, and other personal care products. They’re made from organic fruit and vegetables, at Splash Fresh Bath & Body.
- Palmetto Paradise. Commemorate your birthday in the Palmetto State. Palmetto Paradise has your S.C. gear and gifts.
TRY THIS: Celebrate the occasion with an incredible pie at Extreme Pizza. Ride a coaster at Pavilion Park Fun Park. And load up on delicious snacks for your stay at Beef Jerky Store East.
3. HAVE BIRTHDAY DINNER AT RIPTYDZ
You’ll find gorgeous views, and live music at Riptydz Oceanfront Grille & Rooftop Bar.
3 things to love at Riptydz
- Mainland favorites. You’re by the ocean, but they have some dry-land stars. Try the Jerk Style Grilled Chicken Kabobs, and add a salad.
- Surf & Turf. It’s your birthday. Steak & Cake is a 12-ounce ribeye with a jumbo lump crab cake, red potatoes, and asparagus.
- Ocean Favorites. Seafood by the sea. How about a Fried Shrimp Basket? You can add a whole live Maine lobster at market price to any entree.
TRY THIS: Visit the Riptydz shop for a birthday dinner souvenir. Pick up a mega mason glass, shot glasses, sunglasses, and more.
4. PLAY ON THE BOARDWALK
Kick it in the center of all the fun on the Grand Strand.
3 things to love about the boardwalk
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. Where else will you find Metal T-Rex? Only at this two-story odd-it-orium, that’s where! Ripley’s Believe It Or Not has it all.
- 8th Avenue Tiki Bar. Stop for a spell at a spot with more than 100 beers to choose from. Stop in 8th Avenue Tiki Bar for fish tacos, live music, and more.
- Gay Dolphin Gift Cove. An institution of Myrtle Beach. Many visitors don’t consider a trip to the beach complete if you don’t bring home a bag from the Gay Dolphin Gift Cove.
TRY THIS: Take a ride on an icon on the most iconic stretch of the Grand Strand. From SkyWheel, you get an unprecedented view of your favorite vacation spot.
A Place You’ll Always Want to Stay: Ocean Reef Resort
Chill on the pool deck and take all the beach walks you want when you stay at Ocean Reef Resort. There are so many fun things to do on-site and nearby. Choose your room type and travel dates, and book your escape today.