- What taxes can I expect to pay?
The tax rate breaks down as follows:
+ 5.0% State Sales Tax
+ 1.0% Horry County Road Sales Tax
+ 2.5% Hospitality Fee*
+ 2.0% State Accommodations Tax|
+ 0.5% Local Accommodations Tax
+ 1.0% Tourism Development Fee
= 12.0% Accommodations (lodging) TOTAL
* Note: Of the 2.5% Hospitality Fee, Horry County receives 1.5% to pay for RIDE 1 projects, and local jurisdictions (towns, cities, the county) receive the remaining 1% collected in their respective jurisdictions. The Hospitality Fee is charged on prepared food, accommodations and admissions.
- Do I need a credit card to check in?
Yes, you do not need a credit card to check in, but please note full payment is due on arrival, as well as a $100 security deposit that will be credited back to you after your stay (minus any charges to your room). Guests must also present the credit card they used to pay the deposit on at time of check-in with a valid ID. The remaining balance of your stay can be paid with the same credit card at that time or by other forms of payment.
- Is there a surcharge to use my credit card for payment?
No, we do not require a surcharge with the use of your credit card.
- Does the resort provide parking (valet parking/free parking/across-the-street parking)?
Ample parking is available across the street from the resort between 71st-73rd avenues. The front desk will provide you with a map and parking pass upon arrival. Trailer and RV parking are not permitted on the property grounds and another form of parking will fall under the responsibility of the guest.
- What is the parking garage height clearance?
- 1st and 2nd floor: 7 feet high
- 3rd floor is open air
- What time is check-in and checkout?
Check-in begins at 3 p.m. Checkout is at 11am.
- Is it possible to check in early? May we use the facilities before check-in?
While we cannot guarantee an early check-in, we do offer “Pre-Registration.” This allows you to complete the paperwork needed to register, obtain a parking pass (please have your license plate number available at check-in), as well as a welcome packet and pool bracelet. If your room is available, we will be more than happy to check you in. If it is not, then we will take a cell phone number, so if it does become available before 3 p.m. check-in, we can call you.
- Do you accommodate late checkouts?
Late checkouts are subject to an additional fee and availability; they’re not typically available between Memorial Day and Labor Day, due to high guest volume.
- How do I edit my reservation?
Please call our reservation center at 1-877-216-8156 for any changes you wish to make to your reservation.
- Can I bring my pet?
Unfortunately, we do not allow any pets on the property, with the exception of registered service dogs. We ask that all service dogs have identifying tags or vests, but paperwork is also accepted.
- How far away is the airport from the resort?
The airport is approximately 10 miles from our resort.
- Is there a shuttle to and from the airport?
While we do not provide an airport shuttle, we are more than happy to arrange for a cab to pick you up at the airport upon arrival.
- Is there a shuttle available to local attractions?
While the resort does not provide a shuttle to local attractions, there is seasonal transportation available through coastal RTA. Routes and times are available at the front desk.
- Is Wi-fi available?
Yes, complimentary Wi-Fi is available. You will be provided a User Name and Password upon arrival.
- What are the restaurants at the resort? Do you have room service?
Breakfast: Café du Port, from 6-10:30 a.m.
Lunch: Banana Boat Lounge, from noon to 3 p.m.
Dinner: Banana Boat Lounge, from 4-9 p.m.
Hours will vary with seasons. Room service is not available.
- What amenities are offered to guests?
Please see our amenity page for all the Resort offers.
- Do you offer a concierge on-site?
A concierge is available on-site seven days a week from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. (hours may vary).
- What TV channels are available in the room?
A channel guide is provided in all rooms.
- Are movies available on-site?
Movies are available through our DVDnow program. The front desk will explain this service at check-in.
- Are cots available for rooms?
No, we do not offer cots or rollaways.
- Smoking: Is NOT permitted in the rooms. You may smoke on your balcony with the balcony door CLOSED to prevent smoke from coming into the unit. A $250 cleaning fee is applied to any room found violating this policy.
- Is breakfast provided? If so, at what times? What is the price?
Breakfast is provided at the Café du Port from 6-10:30 a.m. for a fee. Hours may change with seasons. For more information about hours, please check with the front desk. Please contact the Café for meal pricing.
- Do you have hair dryers in the room?
Hair dryers are provided in the rooms.
- What newspapers does the resort provide, if any?
We provide the Sun News
- What is the cancellation policy?
Ocean Reef has a 14-day cancellation policy. If a reservation is canceled 14 days PRIOR to the arrival date, guests will receive a 90% deposit, less 10% for the cancellation fee. If a reservation is cancelled WITHIN 14 days of arrival, guests lose the entire first-night deposits.
- Where can I learn more about the Guest Reviews Terms & Conditions?
You can view these on our website.
- Is there an iron and ironing board in the room?
Yes, irons and ironing boards are provided in all rooms.
- Are room safes provided?
Yes, in the rooms, complimentary safes are provided to our guests. Please see the front desk for a lock.
- What is stocked in the kitchen of a room/efficiency/suite/condo?
Our efficiencies include a small kitchenette, including a stove, microwave, and coffee maker. All of our condos are equipped with full kitchens and stocked with utensils.
- Are linens supplied?
Ocean Reef supplies all linens for your condo, including towels and sheets. Pool towels are also supplied in our pool area, but NOT beach towels.
- Do you have handicap-accessible rooms?
Ocean Reef Resort does not have any handicap rooms. However, please feel free to contact us with any special needs.
- How do you rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach?
The resort does not offer rental chairs or umbrellas, but they are offered for rent through the City of Myrtle Beach.
- What are the pool hours?
The pools are open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. (Hours are dependent upon weather. The Shipwreck Lagoon is seasonal.)
- Do the units have a stocked mini-fridge?
While there are refrigerators provided in all rooms, no rooms are stocked for arrival.
- How many parking passes are allotted per room?
- For all oceanfront rooms, as well as all one-bedroom condos, there is ONE parking pass allotted for the room.
- For two- and three-bedroom condos, there are TWO parking passes allotted.
- For our four-bedroom condos, you will be allotted THREE parking passes.)
- Please note: Additional parking passes are available, depending on season and occupancy, at $10 per vehicle.
- What is the security deposit for? How long does it take for the credit card pre-authorization to be released?
If the damage waiver is not purchased, a $100 security hold will be required at check-in to cover any incidentals. This is a pending charge and is released (minus any charges to the room) back to your credit card at checkout. Depending on your banking facility, it may take 7-10 days to return to your account. If you pay this security deposit in cash, you will receive a check within 7 days of your departure for the amount, minus any room charges.
- Do the rooms have a washer and dryer?
Yes, all of our one- through four-bedroom condos have washers and dryers available in the units. We also have a guest laundry located in our oceanfront tower on the 2nd floor. You can get coin change at the front desk.
- Are the pools heated?
All of our water amenities – pools, lazy river, hot tubs – are heated, with the exception of the Lagoon Launcher (our waterslide) and the Shipwreck Lagoon (outside kiddie park), which are weather dependent.
- Are cribs available?
Pack ’n Plays are available on a first-come, first served basis through the front desk.
- Does any unit have a Jacuzzi tub?
Our Jacuzzi Suites offer a Jacuzzi tub.
- Do you offer discounts to area attractions?
We offer discount tickets to Pirates Voyage and Ripley’s Aquarium.