Receive the best money saving deals in Myrtle Beach!
The holidays are over, the tree is down, the presents are paid for and all your New Year's Resolutions are broken. There's only one major difference this post-holiday season; you've still got a little money left over for something special for yourself.
It doesn't cost much to make it a Myrtle Beach mini-vacation, just a short break to shift your brain back into normal mode. With Ocean Reef Resort offering offseason savings and smaller winter crowds at all the attractions, restaurants and retail centers, a long weekend getaway to Myrtle Beach is an affordable way to spend the rest of that holiday bonus check. Here are a few suggestions for ways to spoil yourself while you're in town:
* Accommodations: Ocean Reef provides clean, comfortable and affordable rooms year-round, but the winter is the best time to save money. That means not only can you stay for cheap, you can also upgrade to a larger and more luxurious suite. Spoil yourself with one of Ocean Reef's oceanfront suites with separate bedrooms, full kitchens, private balconies and all the furnishings. It's the ultimate opportunity to live like a big shot without spending big-shot dollars.
* Attractions: If you want to visit some of the top attractions in Myrtle Beach you are already halfway there just by staying at the Ocean Reef. Your Sun and Fun Rewards card, issued upon check-in at no extra charge, is literally your ticket to the Myrtle Beach SkyWheel, Ripley's Aquarium, Broadway Grand Prix, Myrtle Waves, WonderWorks and more. Guests receive one free ticket to numerous Myrtle Beach attractions, making it cheaper for the whole family to take part in putt-putt golf, theaters, water parks and so on. It all adds up to free fun.
* Nightlife: Hit the town and have a blast at some of the many nightclubs in Myrtle Beach. From the popular hot spot of Celebrity Square at Broadway at the Beach to the shag-dance clubs of Ocean Drive in North Myrtle Beach, you can have a great time all night for a small price within a short cab ride of Ocean Reef. Of course, no trip to the Grand Strand would be complete without an evening out on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and its wide selection of honkytonks and oceanfront cafes. And if that's too far for your laid-back vacation plans, check out the Banana Boat Cafe downstairs.
* Restaurants: One of the best things to do at the beach is eat, especially if you are a fan of fresh seafood and Southern cuisine. Located on the south end of Restaurant Row, Ocean Reef is a short distance to some of the best dining in town. Go out for a romantic dinner for two at the Collector's Cafe & Art Gallery, experiment with flavors at Fire & Smoke Gastropub, grab a late-night burger and fries at Sam's Corner or wake up to a hearty breakfast at Southern Pancake House - all just blocks away from Ocean Reef.
* Shopping: You were supposed to spend that holiday check on gifts, so why not give yourself a gift or two by going on a Myrtle Beach shopping spree. Whether it's the national name brands at Broadway at the Beach, Barefoot Landing and Market Common or the small mom-and-pop shops in the downtown district, you will find plenty of chances to drop a little money on yourself, like a new outfit or the latest in Myrtle Beach gear. It's like Christmas all over again, but you get to do something nice for yourself this time.