What’s the matter with dreaming about spring in the winter? Every day, we’re closer to a warm weather visit to Myrtle Beach. Why not turn dreaming into planning your first trip?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making that dream a reality.
From accommodations to finding a great place to have pizza within walking distance, it’s here. Leave time to explore on your own, too. There’s a lot to discover on the Grand Strand!
What’s Spring Weather like in Myrtle Beach?
It doesn’t take long for conditions to feel a little balmy in Myrtle Beach. Especially if you’re visiting from points north. In mid-April, it’s common to see highs in the low 70s. For most, that’s shorts weather at least!
Water temperatures are still chilly. But you can enjoy so much more than jumping all-in to the Atlantic! By May, we’re talking about highs in the low 80s, and for many, it’s all on the table.
Tips for having fun on chilly days in Myrtle Beach
1. Play ball. You’ll have lots of space. A family and a Nerf football are a great combination in the winter on Myrtle Beach. Some catch will keep you warm!
2. Build sandcastles. Especially at low tide, you’ll find plenty of damp sand. Bring out the buckets, shovels, and imagination.
3. Bike the Neck. Take the Waccamaw Neck Bikeway to explore on two wheels. Cooler weather makes for comfortable riding.
Find the room to fit the fam
Ocean Reef Resort has accommodations to fit any family. From those welcoming their firstborn to multi-generational families, there’s room for you!
For the family of …
2: Oceanfront King Room
Enjoy a spacious room with an ocean view.
4: North Tower Ocean View One-Bedroom Condo
It has a king bed and sleeper sofa with TVs in each area.
6: Oceanfront Deluxe Efficiency
This parlor has two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, and a small kitchen.
8: North Tower Ocean View Two-Bedroom Condo
Spread out with a king room, a second with two queens, and a dining room.
12: North Tower Oceanfront Four Bedroom Condo
Room for everyone! Four rooms, three baths, and washer and dryer.
Fun stuff on-site at Ocean Reef
Ocean Reef Resort is right on the beach and in the middle of all the fun on the Grand Strand. It’s also its own retreat!
1. Pack your swimsuits. It might not be warm enough for tons of fun in the sun. But the lazy river and hot tubs are a welcome reprieve from the cold!
2. Enjoy breakfast here. Cafe du Port is a popular spot to start your day. Have a great meal first before embarking on your adventure.
3. Play on-site. A giant checkers match is so much fun. Ocean Reef also has volleyball, shuffleboard, and more. Plus, a gift shop.
Fun stuff, a walk away
Venture out close by for plenty of diversions around Ocean Reef Resort this spring. Myrtle Beach has much to offer, and lots of it is a short walk away.
1. Eat at Mariner Pizza. A simple restaurant with something for everyone. Enjoy pizza, burgers, ice cream, and more. (7003 North Ocean Boulevard)
2. Check out a Polynesian Fire Luau. Yes, in Myrtle Beach! Treat the family to great food and an incredible show, blocks from Ocean Reef Resort.
3. Bring your A-game to Jungle Safari Golf. Have a blast with mini-golf close to your resort. It’s fun and challenging with an adventurous theme.